Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dear World...

Dear Colombian Coffee Pickers,
Muchas gracias.


Dear Substitute Teacher Who Fell Asleep While My Kids Watched A Movie,
You’re lucky they didn’t get the squirt bottle and spray you awake like I do them.


Dear Crossing Guard by the Elementary School in the “Hood”,
Watching those little kids jump and laugh trying to high-five you in the crosswalk made my day. You have a beautiful rapport with them, and they obviously look forward to seeing you every afternoon. You have taken an invisible and thankless job, and made it crucial.


Dear Hummingbird in the Backyard,
Come back tomorrow. The hibiscus will be in bloom.


Dear MySpace Tom,
Why does everything get prioritized above the “fancy new” rich-text generator we bloggers were promised last summer? I don’t want apps or to videotape my own karaoke, and I don’t need Friend Subscriptions for 264 more people.
I just want to italicize my comments.


Dear Red Rosebud Hanging Low from the Planter Who Never Got to Bloom,
Sorry about that. We’ll remember to feed the tortoise next time.


Dear 1980’s Family in the Framed Olan Mills Portrait at Goodwill,
What happened? What went wrong? What secret pain was hiding behind those orthodontically-enhanced smiles?


Dear Eighth-Grade Skip-Assembly Basketball Players who Beat the Faculty Team for the First Time in My Memory,
You ROCK!!!


Dear Kids in the Stands who Messed Up My Hair with Pom-Poms Every Time I Cheered All By Myself for the Teachers,
You rock too.


Dear Last Day of School,
Hurry up!

No comments: